Sunday, October 7, 2012

An African Grey card

I have a Cricut, but I don't use it as much as the price suggests I should.  I bought the Pet Shop cartridge because I like animals.  Xavier asked me to make an African Grey like Sterling.  So I put on my thinking cap and here is what I came up with.

A2 card size, Pacific Point DSP, Basic Black, Yo Yo Yellow, Real Red, Close to Cocoa & Basic Grey cardstock, You're a Gem stamp set.

Below is what the Cricut cartridge suggests that the bird look like, but we know that I don't like to follow anyone's ideas to the letter.  So I changed the colors, used the same foot twice, but flipped it, drew lines on the branch and feet, shortened the tail and sponged a bit of white to make a Congo African Grey parrot.  I think it came out awesome and it took forever so I will never make another one ever again! - Heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!