Friday, April 6, 2012

Baby favor idea





I went to Regionals in Milwaukee, WI last month. When I saw the Petite Purse Bigz L Die from Stampin' Up I was instantly struck with an idea. This would be awesome as a diaper bag to use as a baby shower favor. You could put whatever you wanted to inside and set them out on the tables. You could even do names for assigned seat, etc, etc.

The above picture is a general overview picture. My diaper bag, when I had babies, had pockets on the ends that we kept diapers and bottles in. I just modified the ends of the die by adding flaps and cut some slices in the seams of the purse. then I tucked the flaps in to make pockets on the ends. Wasn't too difficult. I told people at Regionals my idea and I was hoping that no one would borrow my idea before I had a chance to put it together.


The first picture shows the diaper end and pocket. I just cut and folded a little bit of tissue. Then I attached thin strips of DSP to look like the bands that go around most diapers. Then I tucked them into the pocket.

The second picture shows the bottle end and pocket. I was able to find the bottles at Hobby Lobby. They are the perfect size and come in several colors.

The third picture shows the padded shoulder strap just like my diaper bag used to have. Yes, I am anal enough to have added a shoulder strap pad onto this favor.

Hope you enjoy. Happy creating! - Heidi

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing! did you make a pattern for your additions by any chance???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this= could you show a pattern for the add flaps Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ... You are soooo talented! That's too cute ... Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this die recently and came across your idea for the diaper bag, what a cute idea! I'll definitely have to try to make this. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!