Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bee Mine!


My four year old son, Isandro, brought home this bee-on-a-stick from his 4K class. I thought he was so cute (the bee and my son). I also thought, hey I can make that into punch art! So I did! I don't think he turned out half bad either. Of course Isandro had to tell me that the stinger was the wrong color. Xavier, the 7 year-old, also pointed out that my stripes were different from the original. It's the "essence" boys - I have captured the essence of the bee, that's what is important!


Cardstock colors: Basic Black, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink; DSP: Real Red (actually this was the backside of a birthday card that Stampin' Up sent to me); basic black marker & googlie eyes; tadpole alphabet (CuttleKid); body - 1 1/2" circle punch; head - 1 3/8" circle punch; nose - 1/2" circle punch; hearts - heart to heart & heart, small punches; antennae & stinger - 2 step bird XL punch (cut the leaves off the branches); wings - 1 3/8" X 5/8" oval; houndstooth embossing folder (Cuttlebug). Good night to you - Heidi

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! I have often wished I had done something "special" with some of the art my children brought home over the years. Thanks for sharing.
    Mw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Thank you for sharing!

    Janislu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!