Sunday, October 7, 2012

Did I invent this?

I was working with the Star Tree a la carte stamp from Stampin' Up.  I just didn't like the way it looked stamped or just clear embossed and sponged over.  

I am a big fan of having few embossing powders and using the technique that I saw on Michelle Zindorf's blog.  She inks her stamp with Versamark, then inks the stamp with a color ink, then stamps it and clear embosses it.  This basically gives an embossed look in whatever color ink you used.

So I thought why can't I make this tree the way I want it to be?!  I want yellow stars and a brown tree trunk (I thought red tinsel garland would be too much, but I may still revisit that thought!).  So I inked my stamp with Versamark and colored the trunk with a Chocolate Chip marker and most of the stars with a Yo Yo Yellow marker.  Then I stamped it on Very Vanilla and clear embossed it. I went over the tree with Gumball Green ink on a Q-tip so I could lay ink precisely where I wanted it!  I used Stickles to make the tree ornaments.

Who says you can't emboss in multiple colors?  I was searching for a name to call this technique.  What do you think?  Multiple color clear embossing?  Marker clear embossing?  If you have seen this anywhere before I'd love to know where.  If you can think of a better name for this technique I'd love to hear that too! - Heidi


1 comment:

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!