Here is a sampling of what I have been up to.
The above bird is from the DCWV stack called Ciao Bella. I fussy cut around the bird and some of the flowers to give it interest. See here for other cards made with paper from this stack. The sentiment is from Perfect Punches (Stampin' Up).
While wandering at JoAnn's in the clearance aisle I found these K & Company stickers for $0.50. How could I resist?! The sentiment is from Tiny Tags by Stampin' Up.
Someone emailed me asking me for directions to assemble Yoshi. I didn't realize that it was over a year ago that I had put that card up! I see that others have duplicated my card and posted directions. Well I have gotten off my butt and posted the directions both below and here.
Directions for Yoshi (posted 10-12-2012):You will need the following punches:
1 1/2 " circle
photo corners (retired, but you could use a square and another square for his arms)
large oval MEDIUM (this is what I am going to call it)
extra-large oval LARGE
1-3/8 " X 5/8" oval (retired 2 catalogs ago) SMALL
thin line black marker
white gel pen
Wild Wasabi (WW) & Tangerine Tango (TT) card stock & ink
adhesive (I used Tombow glue)
1. Using the word window punch black card stock.
2. Cut black strip in half.
3. Using the small oval punch out two white ovals.
4. Punch two WW ovals with the MEDIUM oval punch.
5. If a shape is WW or TT sponge it before gluing it - EVERY TIME!
6. Overlap the WW ovals and glue.
7. Glue the white ovals on & then the black word window strips.
8. Draw in your eyes with white gel pen.
9. Punch another MEDIUM WW oval and adhere across the eyes.
10. Punch a LARGE oval from white and adhere just below the top of the WW oval.
11. Punch a 1 1/2" circle from WW and adhere over white LARGE oval.
12. Draw in nostrils.
13. Punch another LARGE oval from white and 2 from WW.
14. Glue the white oval over the two WW ovals to make the body.
15. Leave a little space at the bottom of the white belly oval to tuck the legs under later.
16. Punch two and sponge WW with the photo corners largest V of the punch.
17. Corner round off the "elbows".
18. Punch a scalloped oval from WW.
19. Count off 4 scallops and line the edge of the V up to one scallop and cut into the scallop for a longer thumb. Refer to original picture here.
20. Adhere arms behind body.
21. Punch 2 SMALL ovals from WW & tuck under the belly for legs. Adhere or tape on.
22. Punch 2 SMALL ovals from TT & sponge. Cut about 1/3 off to make boots.
23. Punch 2 word windows from TT.
24. Adhere a TT word window with removable adhesive to a piece of scratch paper.
25. Punch the strip again so it is about 3/4" long and rounded on both ends.
26. Assemble boots and adhere to legs.
Have a fantastic evening - Heidi