Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Build a Blossom during a blizzard!


There is a blizzard outside so what else is there to do inside (homework!) except stamp! The above card is my second attempt using the blossom petals punch and the build a blossom set from Stampin' Up. The colors are Concord Crush with Vegas Gold shimmer paint. The leaves are Pear Pizzazz along with the seam binding. The sentiment is from the Something to Celebrate hostess set in the Mini Occasions catalog. The background is Daffodil Delight DSP from the big stack for the color families. This is a 5 X 7 card otherwise I see now that I should've embossed that piece of paper with the square lattice folder. The glimmer brads are in Concord Crush, gold and Pear Pizzazz. The tag is from Spellbinders. The button is Daffodil Delight also from Stampin' Up. Maybe it is too big - what do you think?

I had this idea in my head, but it didn't come out like I envisioned. First of all the colors don't work, maybe?! The petals are stamped in Real Red on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The leaves are stamped in Old Olive on Pear Pizzazz. I consulted the color coach and was directed to Pacific Point, but I chose Tempting Turquoise instead. The card is 4 X 6, but by embossing half and then flipping it I was able to "stretch" the framed tulips embossing folder to fit my larger size card. It wasn't enough so I highlighted the embossing with a metallic rub. Then I stamped with Vegas Gold shimmer paint the sentiment from Well Scripted. It'll do even though I am not too happy with it. Stay warm everyone and I hope the power doesn't go out! - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!