Monday, January 17, 2011

Mona and the Monarchs


I made these butterflies a LONG time ago. They are a QuicKutz die that I love and bought at Hobby Lobby! They are cut from Tangerine Tango and Basic Black cardstock. I decided that today might be a good day to do something with them. The Greenhouse Gala DSP from Stampin' Up was a close match so I used that as my background. I had some foliage cut out of Old Olive that was a Sizzix sizzlit die and I adhered that behind the butterflies. I had also made the flowers previously from Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa and Summer Sun and Yo Yo Yellow. The die is flower, daisies #2 by Sizzix and available through Stampin' Up. The first time I saw that die I thought whatever, but then when I saw the flowers you can make with them - whoa! I was SOLD! Depending on how you stagger and arrange the layers you get a fantastic effect! Some corduroy Chocolate Chip buttons finish of the flowers.

The sentiment in the next card is from Butterfly Prints by Stampin' Up.


A head on picture of this card does it no justice so I took an offside shot so you could see that the butterflies' wings are dimensional. They are bent up and give the card a bit of realism.


A couple of weeks ago I received some "art" cards in the mail. They were 14" X 17" cards that will help you learn about great paintings and their artists. They sent me four cards and Mona was one of them. I do not need anymore stuff on my coffee table so I won't be ordering this! My husband wants to frame the other three "art" cards, but I hijacked Mona to make a card! I think the saying from Papertrey Ink's Signature Greetings set is appropriate. Mona is matted with So Saffron and Basic Black from Stampin' Up. I felt bad cutting her up like that!


I felt so bad cutting her up that I used her hands for the inside. I think the card has an "artsy" feel to it. I am betting my friend Letty will like it - she's artsy. Have a great night! - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!