Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Immortal Love & Twilight inspired cards


I must have had my head in the sand because I didn't know that DCWV was coming out with a new stack called "Immortal Love." It is based on the vampire trend and is not an official Twilight product, but it certainly could be. I bought mine on Sunday at Joann's and they are already out of the 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 mat stack two days later! I didn't buy the big 12 X 12 stack or matching album because I am not doing any scrapbooking with it - just cards.

**All cards features a piece of paper from the mat stack and are 5 X 7 in size**

The blue rose card has glitter (sparkle) already on the paper. The piece is matted with Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up and Smokey Shadow from Papertrey Ink. The saying is from Occassional Quotes by Stampin' Up. The envelope has the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral and the swirls from Baroque Motifs stamped on it. I had some fuzzy velvet ribbon that matched nicely, but the new Baja Breeze seam binding would've looked just as nice (if I had any at this time!).


This card has a triple row of bling that was in the ribbon aisle at Joann's. It is supposed to be ironed onto whatever you are sewing, but I glued it onto my card. I guess it could be a belt or hat embellishment and is sold by the yard at JoAnn's. I used Real Red as the card base, but now I am thinking that Poppy Parade would've been better as it is more red-orange in color. The LOVE is a die from Cuttlebug. The chipboard rose is in the Immortal Love chipboard box with all kinds of cool letters and objects. I made my own black leaves and blinged out the scalloped circle behind the rose. There is a matching envelope (there is also an Immortal Love cardstock stack) made from matching cardtsock and stamped with the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral.


Last, but certainly not least, we have a Team Jacob card. Me, I am Team Edward all the way, but I am also a creative fool! The base of this card is Bravo Burgundy and Crumb Cake. The piece of paper is killer and my picture doesn't really do it justice. I stenciled in the Team Jacob and punched it out and doodled in a border. Neat, clean and nice. I was trying to think of a different way to make this card a stunner, but I am at a loss right now.

Hope you enjoyed my Twilight-esque cards. It's snowing here and I might go hide in the basement a little longer. - Heidi


1 comment:

  1. Love your cards! Thanks for sharing the new paper stack- looks super cool.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!