Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hot Wheels & geese


The above card was made using my Cricut Expression. That machine has me scrapbooking again and I was afraid it would kill my will to make cards. Well that's not true! These geese are on a Cricut Lite cartridge called Wildlife that is only available at Wal-Mart, I believe. I was going for a really cool card, but this one is so-so. If I had sponged it a bit then it would have been awesome! The color combo of Early Espresso with Marina Mist and Tangerine Tango is thanks to the Stampin' Up color coach. I do like that book A LOT! The geese are Sahara Sand and Early Espresso. The sun is So Saffron and the extra torn sky is Pumpkin Pie. The land is Close to Cocoa with a touch of Chocolate Chip marker along the water's edge. All-in all not a bad card.


My sons' friend has a birthday tomorrow. His invitation was this Hot Wheels car on the front. I love to recycle a card and see what I can do with it. I fussy cut around the car and cut "Happy Birthday" with my Stamping Solutions Cricut cartridge. The Tempting Turquoise background is embossed with the big 5 X 7 Cuttlebug embossing folder with gears on it called "clockworks." I hope he likes it - we shall see tomorrow. Have a lovely evening - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!