Sunday, July 29, 2012

iPhone cards


I was at Walgreens and I saw the above ads laying on the pharmacy counter.  The ads are in English and in Spanish on the other side.  What does this mean to you?  It means there are two phones per ad that you can cut out and use to make the card below or one similar to it.  I glued mine to an index card first using Tombow multipurpose liquid glue in order to give the iPhone more structure as the ad is flimsy.  In this previous post here I mistakenly identified this piece of technology as an iPod Touch, but I believe it is an iPhone.  In the previous post the picture I used was from a textbook company flyer I received in the mail.  The below one is from the Walgreens ad.


Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes and Kindness Matters.
Ink: Rich Razzleberry and Tangerine Tango.
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry and White
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP (long retired) & Walgreens ad

Then my thought was why couldn't I recreate the iPhone as an entire card?!  So I measured an iPhone and tried to keep the dimensions proportionate.  The below card does fit in an A2 envelope.  I hate it when someone post a card without the measurements so I will list them below the picture.


Cardstock: Basic Black, Sahara Sand (didn't have any light grey or going grey), White, Rose Red, Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Smokey Shadow (PTI).
Paper: old DSP from Stampin' Up.
Stamps: Build a Blossom and Birthday Wish (retired)
Tools: blossom builder punch, 1/4" square punch, 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches, horizontal slot punch, white gel pen, polka dot embossing folder and corner rounder.

NOTES: For the button at the bottom I punched a 1/4" square out of a piece of scrap cardstock.  I then laid it over the Smokey Shadow cardstock and traced the negative space (not the actual teeny tiny square!) with my gel pen.  Then you take the 1/2" circle punch and center it over the square you just drew and punch it out.  You have a perfect bottom button for your iPhone.  Don't worry if your gel pen doesn't work very well (does it ever!) as the button isn't very bright white in real life anyway.
You could make this ANY kind of card, graduation, birthday etc.  You could even print out the real screen from the Internet to place on this card.  Heck even a picture could be your "screen".  Have fun with it and show me your ideas, please!

Base of iPhone: 3 1/4" X 5 1/2" so cut 3 1/4" X 11" (white, here)
Face of iPhone: 3 1/8" X 5 3/8" (black used here)
Screen: 2 5/8" X 3 1/2" (white)
Bar above screen: 1/4" X 2 5/8" (Sahara Sand)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!