Sunday, March 8, 2015

October Afternoon Love

To say I am smitten with October Afternoon is an understatement!  I love the vintage look and collage appeal of their products.  So cute!


This first card is a whopping 5 1/2" X 7 3/4".  With the envelope punch board plus these envelope templates from Paper Source my cards can be the size they need to be and not be limited to an A2.  The paper is from October Afternoon the Public Library collection. The dies are stitched rectangles from Lawn fawn. A doily I had laying around (I wish it was cream color, but what are you going to do) and Mini Market stickers from October Afternoon's Farm Girl collection.  The kid in balloon is from Public Library.  I was so thrilled with my card as It is collage-like and I am NOT good at that so I left it out on my table to admire.  Unfortunately it fell onto an inked stamp and ruined the card.  If you look by the M and in front of his binoculars you can see stray purple ink! Not very bright, but unless you are really looking you'd probably miss it.  Oh well.

I originally cut that crazy letter and alphabet paper bigger, but it didn't fit on the front of anything so I had to cut it down.  What I was left with was this frame.  Fits perfectly on the from of an A2 card.  A little long retired Ruby Red cardstock from Stampin' Up, a sticker from Public Library and a sentiment from Tim Holtz Phrases 2 and you have this next card.


I also love the line Rocket Age from October Afternoon.  I would love to get my hands on an 8 X 8 pad of this paper, but I can't find it anywhere.  The kid is adorable and in space so of course I had to make a shaker card!  This card is 5" X 6 1/4".  Shaker cards are a pain in the butt, but he is definitely worth it!  I only wish I'd given him something to say! - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!