Sunday, April 13, 2014

Selena Birthday Card

My co-worker wanted a Selena card and matching refrigerator magnet.  I found the following picture on Pintrest. Did I mention that I LOVE Pintrest?!


Very nice artsy portrait of Selena, but my co-worker wanted it in a bright red not the orange color it is here.  I have no idea how to change things up on my computer to make her red - I use Picture Monkey and I couldn't find a way to do it.  That's okay though - I kicked it old school.  I printed it out on my computer on Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select heavy white cardstock.  Then I painted over it with red acrylic paint.  I think it looks fabulous!  It definitely has an artsy vibe so I used the art deco corner notch for the magnet.


Now what to do for the card?  It is a beautiful graphic, but tough to work with because of the fly away hair.  I just smoothed her hair out by fussy cutting around her and I think it looks awesome.  Now this is a card for a man, but I was afraid to bling this bad boy out.  So I texted my co-worker and he told me the card is for a gay man with a stage name.  Okay, Hello!  If he has a stage name then we definitely need some bling on our birthday card for this boy! I painted her clothes bright red again and fixed some printing issues with black and white wash colors to make the picture look less pixelated.  What to bling though?  I created this background by cutting out rays of glitter cardstock.  Then I arranged them in a starburst behind her.  I am very happy with this card.  
Hope you like it. - Heidi.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!