Saturday, April 12, 2014

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Birthday

A co-worker saw a card I made for another co-worker and decided that he wanted a card too.  I do so love that!  He wanted a Buffy the Vampire Slayer card.  I told him that I would probably have to print something off and work with that because I can't really stamp a Buffy.  A quick surf on Pintrest and I was able to find the following picture.


Pretty cool, right?  I was more into a cartoony type of picture than using a real picture - it just looks more artsy to me.  Less cutting and pasting and child-like, if you know what I mean.  I printed the picture out three times on my computer on the gorgeously heavy Stamper's Select white cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  No wimpy cardstock for me!  I fussy cut around Buffy and the stake and axe that she is holding.  I popped her up on stampin' dimensionals to make her more 3D-ish.  Then I cut out the banners.  I was disappointed that I had no light blue cardstock that matched those banners perfectly so I settled on Tempting Turquoise.  Using some Papertrey Ink stamps I bent them to stamp Happy Birthday on the banners.  Then I took my markers and traced around the banners to help them blend in better.  The result is the card below.  Not a great picture because you can't really see that Buffy is popped up.  My co-worker loved it and that is what matters.  I took the extra Buffy I printed and glued her to a refrigerator magnet.  He loved that also.  I found rolls of magnet at Goodwill for $1.00 and they are 5" across by 5' long - what a steal!


Hope you like it.  Have a great night - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!