Friday, November 13, 2009

Triangle Down Card



Triangle down is the only thing I could think of to call this card. To my knowledge it doesn't have a name. I saw this design on a blog and had to try it out! I love the design. It's easy to do and looks classy when done. I used the slit punch so I would have somewhere to tuck the triangle in to. On my first try I punched too high. I was going to chuck the paper into my scrap bin when I had a DUH moment. All I had to do was turn it around and put the punched part under my inside card lining.

The inside of the card uses the leftover ink from the weathered background stamp. You know when you ink up the background stamp and stamp on a smaller piece of paper there is some ink left on the edges - that was perfect for a little accent on the top and bottom of the inside liner.

For the background/horse I stamped in Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip. Then I used Tim Holtz's distress crackle paint (clear rock candy) and distress ink. It gives the horse a "weathered" look.

STAMPS: Wanted, Nature Silhouettes, Big Birthday Candle, Weathered and Classic Stripes.
INK: Chocolate Chip, VersaMark, Always Artichoke.

The idea for this card was from here. Have a great weekend - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!