Saturday, November 9, 2013

Color Inspiration everywhere!

As I was cleaning my stamping area I walked by my EK Success big border punches and came across a punch that I haven't used yet.  Okay, there are a lot of punches I haven't used yet.  This one caught my eye and the sparks in my brain started to fly.

What can I do with the circles large edger punch though?  Then I found this paint idea card from Valspar that I picked up at Lowe's.  It contains a fabulous color combo - see it below.


How much fun are those colors?  I used Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise from Stampin' Up for my pallette.  I am sorry, but just because a color is retired doesn't mean that I won't use it.  I like to be able to use the color I want when I want it!

Then I made the card, but I had a heck of a time with the bow.  I hate tying bows - did I ever mention that?  I think I spent almost an hour working on getting this bow just right.  UGH!

Without further ado, here is the card.  The sentiment is Sweet Essentials from Stampin' Up.  I wasn't sure what sentiment to use, so I made it a non-traditional Christmas card.

My take home message is: color inspiration is all around you - you just have to be aware of it.  Oh yes, and you have to carry a camera or phone to take a picture of it so you can reproduce it later!

Have a great night - Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!