Monday, October 10, 2011

I LOVE these flowers!


These flowers are the new Rose Creations dies from Spellbinders by Donna Salazar. Normally I am not a flower person, but these are sooo easy and you know that I am kind lazy! You can sponge them in the die, sponge the edges or glitter them up! Oh the possibilities! The doily was from the Chancery restaurant and came under our appetizer so this qualifies as another "I've seen that before" creation.


The flower on the left was an afterthought boo-boo. You know where you assemble something and then think of a better way to do it! The flower on the right was glittered with Stickles before putting it together. The edges were sponged with white ink to lighten up the look and it is soo much better IRL!


Ahh, more glitter and flowers - I must be sick as this is so not like me! This uses the Carnation Creations from Spellbinders. The tips of the petals were sponged and then glittered to make that oh-so-cool effect. The doily is a pack from Hobby Lobby. It's in the cake making aisle and it's $2.99 for 24 doilies, but you can use the 40% off coupon and get it for even cheaper! You don't have to buy a stamp or a die to get great and cheap doilies! I used two of the three layers on my new EK Success butterfly punch and used liquid pearls to make the butterfly bodies. they look quite real if I may say - you just have to be patient and wait for them to dry! Have a great night. - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!