Saturday, October 16, 2010

An idea becomes a card!


Do you ever get an idea that just won't go away until you put the idea onto paper? I get them ALL the time! I had to make this card as it was spinning through my little brain. I spent all day in Union Grove at a craft fair and didn't sell very many cards. I need to cut for my class in one week, but nope I had to eek out one more card to let my brain rest and stop spinning!

The base for this 5 X 7 card is basic black. Then I put a rectangle of very vanilla and stamped the sentiment in Staz-on black. My basic black always turns out purple for some reason. Then I added a rectangle of Newsprint DSP from Stampin' Up. Before I attached it to the card I spritzed it with Silver Foil Smooch. I punched a one inch strip of black cardstock with the bracket and musical symphony border punches from EK Success. Stamped the Eiffel and medallion from Artistic Etchings and smooched them also. Punched out the medallion and put a scalloped circle behind it. I left the notes and the saying alone because I didn't want to take the chance of them being too dark to read because of too much smooch. If I make this for a class I might not smooch the Eiffel tag either to pull the card together better. Black taffeta ribbon completes the tag. A matching envelope was in order and also made from the Newsprint DSP. The card is propped up on the envelope. Have a great night. - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!