Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Easter, Bunny!

Okay, so it's not Easter yet, but I'll post it anyway.  I found this Darice embossing folder on Etsy and of course, I wanted it.  I only saw one example of a card made with this folder and I took the idea and ran with it.  The listing on Etsy says it's an A2 size, but I beg to differ.  I don't have it in front of me, but I believe this card is a 5 X 7.  Take a look.
 
 
Not the greatest picture, sorry, as it is already in it's plastic sleeve.  For the dots on the eggs I just did a little painting with bleach and water.  Whenever you want to do light over dark I recommend you try paining with bleach water.  Even if the color doesn't turn out at least you can color over it with a marker.  For the Crumb Cake main piece that was embossed when I tested it with bleach water the color came out Barely Banana like.  So I matted the Crumb Cake with Barely Banana and Perfect Plum, I believe.  The ribbon is also Perfect Plum and folded in half.  Had to use my Big Bite to get those holes that far into the cardstock.  The stamp is from Eggstra Special Easter from Lawn Fawn and I think it is in Crumb Cake ink as well. - Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please visit again soon!